What are the best custom outdoor rugs that can be cut to size?
In this blog post, I am going to help you achieve two things;
One, discover some examples of custom outdoor rugs you can find on Amazon.
Two, show you how you can make custom size rugs from old or unused all-weather outdoor rugs.
- 1 Custom Outdoor Rugs That Can Be Cut To Size
- 2 How To Make Custom Size Rugs From All Weather Outdoor Rug
- 3 Custom Outdoor Rugs That Can Be Cut To Size
Custom Outdoor Rugs That Can Be Cut To Size
- It is waterproof
- Highly durable since it is made from natural rubber
- Easy to clean with simple methods like shaking it off outside
- Very soft even for use on bare feet
- It is one of the best personalized outdoor rugs.
- Made from 100% natural jute material, which makes it durable.
- It is versatile which means it can be used in the kitchen, dining room, entryways, outdoor spaces, and any other place in your home.
- Has a braided design which gives it the sophisticated look of a farmhouse, casual, and coastal design.
- Comes in neutral colors to blend with any existing home décor designs.
- Made from polyester which is one of the best outdoor rug materials for the rain.
- It has a low-pile construction which makes it easy to clean.
- It is non-shedding a feature that makes it ideal for use in homes with allergy suffers or crawling babies.
- It has a non-slip rubber backing which means you shall not spend more money buying a rug pad to keep the rug in place.
- It’s multi-purpose to be used in any high foot traffic area in your home.
- It is made from polypropylene, one of the best material for outdoor rugs.
- It is an all-weather rug ideal for use in any outdoor space like a patio, pool areas, and wood decks among others.
- It is portable
- It is UV-resistant
- It is reversible, which means you can use it from both sides.
How To Make Custom Size Rugs From All Weather Outdoor Rug
There are so many things you can do with old rugs or those outdoor rugs you don’t use anymore.
Sometimes you might need to repurpose the rug by cutting it into another shape or size to meet the demands of the new function.
Yes, you can cut outdoor rugs by following the steps and tips below;
Step One: Measure the rug placement area
You need to begin by taking the correct measurements of the surface you want to place the rug.
You can also follow these rules of thumb to get the right size dimensions.
Step Two: Find the right surface
You will need a flat surface where you can easily spread the rug freely.
It should also be a surface that will not scratch, leave stains or damage the rug in any way.
Make sure that you can be able to turn the rug upside down on that surface.
Step Three: Make markings on the rug
Using a pencil and ruler, mark the measurements you got from step 1 above on the rug.
These marks will guide you on what are the unwanted parts you will need to cut out of the rug.
Step Four: Do the cutting
You will also need a steady hand to be able to cut in a straight line without damaging the rug fibers.
Remember to do the cutting while the rug is placed upside down on a flat surface.
You can read this guide on how to cut a rug without it fraying for more tips.
- It can do both cutting and trimming of rugs
- Can be used for different surfaces like rugs, carpet, leather, cardboard, rubber and denim among others.
- Its stain-less which means it shall not lust and it will look new longer.
- It is very easy to use.
Step Five: Bind the edges
Open edges can unravel leading to destruction of the whole rug.
Trip and fall accidents are also very possible in open edges.
For the reasons above, you will need to bind the edges with a self-adhesive binding tape of weaving it back together.
You can read this guide on how to bind a rug for more tips.
- It is safe for any surface even hardwood flooring, laminate flooring or rugs on carpet since its residue-free.
- It is a heavy-duty tape which means it will provide a strong, long-lasting grip.
- Its double-side, a feature which makes the grip stronger.
- It is very easy to use even when you are doing the installation yourself.