Below are the three types of outdoor rug fibers and properties which can endure hosing off cleaning process;
Plastic Outdoor Rugs
Plastic outdoor rugs are made from recycled bottles, containers, tubes among other materials. They have UV resistant properties, a feature which makes them fade-resistant.
They are also stain-resistant, which makes them ideal for use in high traffic areas where spill accidents are prone to occur frequently.
In most cases they are usually reversible, which means you can use them from both sides. When one side gets dirty, you simply turn the rug upside down to the other side.
They are easy to clean and maintain, which is why they are one of the best material for outdoor rugs.
The above features are the reason why this is a type of outdoor rugs that can be hosed off.
Waterproof Outdoor Rugs
A waterproof outdoor rug is one which will not absorb water at all. This feature makes such rugs mold and mildew resistant since they do not retain any water. If you are trying to get mold or mildew smells from rugs, read this guide on how to clean rugs and get smells out of them for tips on how to achieve that.
Additionally, these are the best outdoor rug material for the rain since they cannot get wet even if you leave them outside in highly rainy or snowy conditions, a property which makes them ideal outdoor rugs that can be hosed off.
Read this post on can outdoor rugs get wet to get more benefits of waterproof outdoor rugs and also know their difference with water-resistant outdoor rugs.
Polypropylene Outdoor Rugs
Refer to this post on what material is best for outdoor rugs to get a detailed explanation on why you can never go wrong with Polypropylene rugs.
They are usually quick dry outdoor rug material which means it will absorb less water and dry out so quickly.
In addition, they are easy to clean as explained on this post on how to clean polypropylene outdoor rug. You will discover 8 properties of Polypropylene rugs which makes them the best outdoor rugs that can be hosed off.
Best Garden Hoses For Rug Cleaning
|Flexzilla 3’ Feet Hose
• Flexible enough to maneuver any corner or distance
• Very durable since its reinforced with crush resistant aluminum fittings
• Lightweight for easy carry, which makes it ideal for use in both indoor and outdoor spaces.
• Easy to coil which makes storage easy
• Has more than 23,000 reviews, which means it’s a popular product in many households.
• Its affordable- you get it for less than $12.
|Flexi Hose 8-Function Nozzle Garden Hose
• Its an expandable hose which means it can stretch out its original size to cover long distances.
• The 8-pattern rotating nozzle allows even water distribution and pressure adjustment.
• It is rubberized to make it slip-resistant
• Its constructed with a zinc alloy to add to its durability
• Has latex protectors on the side which shields it from damage by thorns, debris and sharp corners.
• It has more than 18,000 reviews, which is a proof of its popularity.