What are the best entrance rugs for hardwood floors? You shall find the answer to the best entryway rugs for hardwood floors in this post!
The thing about hardwood floors is that they give your home a very beautiful look and they are very durable enough to serve you for an extended time. However, the installation process is very expensive.
Placing rugs on top of hardwood floors is a way to protect them from scratches and stains, thus prolonging the lifespan of such floors.
This is especially true if the hardwood floors are installed in high traffic areas in your home. In such a case, you need a durable non-slip area rug with the right rug pad to keep it in place.
Additionally, if the hardwood floors are in water spills prone areas like the kitchen or near the bathroom, you need a waterproof rug or one with a thick rug pad to protect the floors from rotting or staining due to the water.
- Best Runner rugs for hardwood floors
- Best kitchen rugs for hardwood floors
- How to stop area rugs from moving on hardwood floors
FACTORS TO CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING ENTRANCE RUGS FOR HARDWOOD FLOORS
Backing is added to a rug to make it non-skid, a property which helps to keep the rug in place and eliminate any slipping and moving relocations.
Not all backing is safe for hardwood floors. For example, a latex backing traps moisture which might cause staining, rotting and discoloration of hardwood floors.
Therefore, look for backings made from rubber, Felt, or a combination of felt and rubber.
Entrances are dirt-prone areas where all the dust, mud and water carried by shoes of pet feet are left.
For that reason, you need a rug which will be easy to clean using simple methods like spot cleaning, vacuuming and machine washing.
High pile rugs tend to trap dirt deeper into their fibers which makes them hard to clean and maintain in high foot traffic rugs.
On the hard, low pile rugs are the best choice for entrances because they are easy to clean and their fibers are closely flat-woven to leave no spaces or crevices where dust or dirt particles can get trapped.
For example, Shag rug have high pile, therefore you cannot choose them for entrance rugs.
Bright color hues like white, and pink are not ideal for high traffic areas like entrances, hallways and foyers.
In such places you need dull color rugs like brown and black.
Patterned rugs or rainbow color rugs are also ideal choice because the multiple colors will hide the different color of dirt.
Not all material is recommended for you in hardwood floors. Nylon and Polypropylene are the two recommended rug materials among synthetic rugs.
Natural rug materials like Jute, Sea grass, Sisal and cotton are also recommended for use in hardwood floors because they are durable and chemical-free.
BEST ENTRANCE RUGS FOR HARDWOOD FLOORS
Most entryways are small in space. Thus, one or two doormats will help to protect the hardwood floors from any damages that might be caused by wet shoes or dirt debris.
A doormat is placed inside or outside entrances where people can wipe off excess dust, water and mud out of their shoes before they get inside the house.
Apart from protecting floor damage, a doormat will make your home look attractive as well.
Below are some of the best choices for doormats for hardwood floors on the entrances.
|BUNGALOW FLOORING WATERHOG DOORMAT
• It has water-trapping properties which make this mat waterproof
• Has non-skid properties
• Ideal for use in other floors like carpeted, vinyl and concrete among others
• Its eco-friendly
• Very durable
• Easy to clean and maintain
|GORILLLA GRIP RUBBER DOORMAT
• Made from 100% natural rubber
• It is easy to clean by vacuuming, sweeping, shaking dust off or spot cleaning.
• Its waterproof
• Its non-slip makes it safe
• Made in a Taupe basket weave design
• Its’s highly durable
|SIERRA CONCEPTS STRIPPED FLOOR MAT ENTRY WAY RUG/DOORMAT
• Made from a combination of rubber and Polyester
• Comes in a set of 2 meaning you getting an extra mat free
• Comes in dirty friendly color shades: brown and black.
• Very easy to clean and maintain
• Made from two materials that are environmentally friendly and chemical-free
• Can be used in other multiple places like patio, hall and laundry room among others.
• As a 10-year refund and money-back guarantee grace period.
|GORILLA GRIP CHENILLE DOORMAT
• Its machine washable
• Has an extra-absorbent top layer to trap excess moisture, mud and debris.
• Extremely soft and plush to give more comfort to you under feet
• Has a 10-year replacement and refund guarantee.
#2 HIGH TRAFFIC AREAS RUGS
Another best choice for entrances rugs for hardwood floors are rugs used for high foot traffic areas.
Door entrances are areas in your home which will experience lots of foot traffic because everyone will pass through that spot more than once per day.
|MOHAWK HOME DUAL SURFACE FELT & RUBBER RUG
• 100% Felt and rubber material
• Its non-slip due to the rubber backing
• Made in US
• Ideal for large area rugs
• Ideal for hardwood floors
• Thick enough for extra cushioning, sound proofing and warmth to your under-feet.
• Ideal for use in high foot traffic areas
|UNIQUE LOOM SOLO SOLID SHAG COLLECTION AREA RUG
• Its kid friendly
• Its pet-friendly
• Ideal choice for high traffic areas
• Its water, mold, stain and mildew resistant
• Its non-shedding
• Comes in non-dirt prone colors (grey and black)
• It’s easy to clean.
|NULOOM MOROCCAN BLYTHE AREA RUG
• Made from 100% polypyrene
• Its kid and pet friendly
• Designed for high foot traffic areas
• Ideal for dining, kitchen, hallways and other places
• Stylish with a Moroccan design
• Has a neutral color pallet, ideal for dirt prone areas
• Its easy to clean and maintain
#3 WATERPROOF RUG
Water causes too much damage on hardwood floors. Water can stain, discolor and rot wood floors.
The problem is fixing that damage will be too expensive because refinishing floors is costly. You might even end up replacing the whole surface to maintain similarity.
Therefore, placing a waterproof rug which is water resistant on entrances with hardwood floors can help to eliminate or minimize such damages.
|COLOR & GEOMETRY STORE WATERPROOF & WASHABLE RUG
• Its waterproof
• Its dirt resistant
• Apart from water it also absorbs dust, mud and snow
• Its easy to clean and maintain
• It has anti-slip properties due to the rubber backing
• Made from polypropylene a very durable material
|IDESIGN FORMBU BAMBOO NON-SKID WATER-RESISTANT RUNNER RUG
• Made from natural bamboo which is very durable
• Its water-resistant
• Its non-skid
• Apart from entrances its also ideal for kitchen, hallways and front office
• Its stylish to add a good look to your home décor
#4 OUTDOOR RUGS
Outdoor rugs are used outside the house like in patios, deck, camping and rvs.
Entrance rugs are place either right outside or immediately inside the door area.
Therefore, rugs recommended for outdoor places are ideal choices for entrance rugs in hardwood floors as long as they meet the factors described above.
Pro Tip: You can also show rugs described with the following terms:
PVC & VOC free rugs
|REVERSIBLE MAT OUTDOOR RUG FOR PATIO
• Colors in dirt-friendly color shades-brown and beige
• Its UV coated to resistant sun rays’ damage
• Made from 100% polypropylene material
• Easy to clean by sweeping, shaking off or spot cleaning
• Lightweight to be carried around
|NANTA COTTON WASHABLE WOVEN OUTDOOR RUG
• You get an extra mat plus a rug in the package
• Made from cotton which is durable
• Has a smart plaid & buffalo check design to elevate your home décor
• Made in the USA
• You get a 1-year warranty.