Oriental weavers rugs are among the most popular and versatile types of rugs in the market. They are produced by Oriental Weavers, one of the world’s largest carpet and rug manufacturers, with facilities in the US and Egypt. Oriental weavers rugs offer a wide range of designs, colors, sizes and materials to suit any taste and budget. Whether you are looking for a traditional oriental pattern, a colorful contemporary rug, or an outdoor rug that can withstand the elements, you can find it in the Oriental weavers collections. In this article, we will review some of the features and benefits of Oriental weavers rugs, as well as answer some frequently asked questions about them.
- 1 Oriental Weavers Rugs Reviews
- 2 Oriental Weavers Rugs Amazon
- 3 Oriental Weavers Rugs UK
- 4 Lowes Oriental Weavers Rugs
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Final Thought
Oriental Weavers Rugs Reviews
One of the best ways to learn about the quality and performance of Oriental weavers rugs is to read customer reviews. You can find many reviews online from satisfied customers who have purchased and used Oriental weavers rugs in their homes. Here are some examples of what customers have said about their Oriental weavers rugs:
- “I love this rug! It is soft, plush, and beautiful. The colors are vibrant and true to the picture. It looks great in my living room and adds warmth and coziness to the space.” – Customer review of the Oriental Weavers Sedona 6386E Indoor Area Rug
- “This rug is perfect for my patio. It is durable, easy to clean, and resistant to fading and mildew. The design is simple but elegant, and the color is neutral but not boring.
- “This rug is stunning! It has a rich texture and a luxurious feel. The pattern is intricate and sophisticated, and the colors are deep and harmonious. It adds elegance and character to my dining room.
Oriental Weavers Rugs Amazon
If you are looking for a convenient and affordable way to buy Oriental weavers rugs online, you can check out their selection on Amazon. Amazon offers a variety of Oriental weavers rugs in different styles, sizes and prices. You can also benefit from Amazon’s fast shipping, free returns, and customer service. Here are some of the top-rated Oriental weavers rugs on Amazon:
- Oriental Weavers Torrey 140H Indoor/Outdoor Rug: This rug is ideal for indoor or outdoor use, as it is made of polypropylene that is stain-resistant, water-resistant, and UV-protected.
- Oriental Weavers Henderson 090W9 Ivory/ Grey Rug: This rug is a beautiful blend of traditional and contemporary styles, featuring a floral medallion motif in ivory and grey tones. It is made of nylon that is soft, durable, and easy to maintain.
- Oriental Weavers Karavia Area Rug – Sand: This rug is a simple but elegant choice for any room, as it has a solid sand color that matches any decor. It is made of polypropylene that is weather-resistant, fade-resistant, and easy to clean.
Oriental Weavers Rugs UK
If you are based in the UK and want to buy Oriental weavers rugs online, you can visit their official website or one of their authorized retailers. You can also find some of their products on other online platforms such as eBay or Wayfair. Here are some of the benefits of buying Oriental weavers rugs in the UK:
- You can enjoy free delivery on orders over £50 within mainland UK.
- You can choose from a wide range of collections that cater to different tastes and needs.
- You can get expert advice from their customer service team or their blog posts.
- You can take advantage of their special offers and discounts.
Best Rug Under Dining Table
It is made from cotton: This is a very durable and easy to clean rug material for high traffic places. The dining table is a high traffic area which makes this rug an ideal choice.
Hand-woven: Handmade rugs are often very durable and unique. That means this rug will serve you for many years. Discover which country makes the best rugs, especially those which are hand-woven on that post.
Farmhouse checkered design: This patterned design makes this rug easy to blend with many home decor patterns. It also makes this rug versatile such that apart from the dining area, it can also be used in outdoor spaces, living rooms, kitchen, laundry rooms, entryways, and bedrooms among other spaces in your home.
The fabric: It comes in several color shades-blue, white, gray, red, blue, and black among others. The fabric is also non-fade, durable and easily washable.
Grace period: After you buy the rug, you shall have a 30-day money-back guarantee period where you are allowed to return the rug if you don’t like it.
Lowes Oriental Weavers Rugs
Another option for buying Oriental weavers rugs online or in-store is Lowes. Lowes is one of the leading home improvement retailers in the US, offering a variety of products for your home improvement projects. Lowes also carries a selection of Oriental weavers rugs in different styles, sizes and prices. Here are some of the advantages of buying Oriental weavers rugs at Lowes:
- You can get free shipping on orders over $45 or free store pickup on eligible items.
- You can use their online tools to find the right rug size, shape, and color for your space.
- You can read customer ratings and reviews to help you make an informed decision.
- You can benefit from their price match guarantee and hassle-free returns.
How can you tell if a rug is quality Oriental?
There are several factors that can help you determine the quality of an Oriental rug, such as:
- The material: Quality Oriental rugs are usually made of natural fibers such as wool, silk, or cotton. Synthetic fibers such as nylon, polyester, or polypropylene are less durable and less authentic.
- The knot density: Quality Oriental rugs have a high knot density, which means they have more knots per square inch. This makes them more intricate, detailed, and durable. You can check the knot density by looking at the back of the rug and counting the number of knots in square inches.
- The color: Quality Oriental rugs have rich and vibrant colors that are derived from natural dyes. Synthetic dyes tend to fade or bleed over time. You can test the color by rubbing a damp cloth on the rug and seeing if any color comes off.
- The design: Quality Oriental rugs have unique and complex designs that reflect the culture and history of their origin. They often have motifs such as flowers, animals, geometric shapes, or religious symbols. They also have a balanced and symmetrical composition.
How do I know how much my Persian rug is worth?
The value of a Persian rug depends on several factors, such as:
- The age: Older Persian rugs are usually more valuable than newer ones, as they are considered more rare and collectible. However, the condition of the rug also matters, as older rugs may have more wear and tear or damage.
- The origin: Persian rugs from certain regions or cities are more sought-after than others, as they have distinctive styles and qualities. For example, Persian rugs from Tabriz, Isfahan, Kashan, or Qum are among the most valuable ones.
- The size: Larger Persian rugs are usually more expensive than smaller ones, as they require more material, labor, and skill to produce. However, the demand for smaller rugs may also affect their price, as they are more suitable for modern spaces.
- The market: The value of a Persian rug is also influenced by the current market trends and demands. The popularity of certain styles, colors, or patterns may vary over time and affect the price of a Persian rug.
To get an accurate estimate of your Persian rug’s worth, you should consult a professional appraiser who can evaluate your rug based on these factors and provide you with a written report.
What is the new name for Oriental rug?
The term “Oriental rug” is often used to describe any hand-knotted rug that originates from Asia or the Middle East. However, some people may find this term outdated or offensive, as it implies a Eurocentric perspective that lumps together diverse cultures and regions under one vague label. Therefore, some alternative names for Oriental rug are:
- Hand-knotted rug: This name emphasizes the technique and craftsmanship of making these rugs, rather than their geographic origin.
- Area rug: This name refers to any rug that covers a specific area of a floor, regardless of its style or origin.
- Ethnic rug: This name acknowledges the cultural and ethnic diversity of these rugs, without generalizing or stereotyping them.
- Regional rug: This name specifies the region or country where the rug was made, such as Persian rug, Turkish rug, Afghan rug, etc.
Do people still use Oriental rugs?
Yes, people still use Oriental rugs in their homes and offices for various reasons, such as:
- They add beauty and elegance to any space with their intricate designs and rich colors.
- They create warmth and comfort with their soft texture and natural fibers.
- They enhance the acoustics and insulation of a room with their thickness and density.
- They protect the floor from scratches and stains with their durability and stain-resistance.
- They reflect the personality and taste of the owner with their uniqueness and variety.
Should Oriental rugs be vacuumed?
Yes, Oriental rugs should be vacuumed regularly to remove dust and dirt that can damage the fibers and colors. However, there are some tips to follow when vacuuming Oriental rugs:
- Use a gentle suction setting on your vacuum cleaner to avoid pulling out loose threads or fringes.
- Vacuum in the direction of the pile (the direction that feels smooth when you run your hand over it) to avoid flattening or distorting it.
- Avoid vacuuming over any stains or spills on your rug, as this may spread them deeper into the fibers. Instead, blot them with a clean cloth and mild detergent.
- Vacuum both sides of your rug at least once a year to remove any dust or debris that may have accumulated underneath.
Do Oriental rugs hold their value?
Yes, Oriental rugs can hold their value or even appreciate over time if they are well-maintained and cared for. However, the value of an Oriental rug depends on several factors, such as:
- The quality: The quality of an Oriental rug is determined by its material, knot density, color, and design. Higher quality rugs are more valuable and durable than lower quality ones.
- The condition: The condition of an Oriental rug is affected by its age, usage, and maintenance. Rugs that are in good condition, without any stains, tears, or fading, are more valuable than rugs that are worn or damaged.
- The rarity: The rarity of an Oriental rug is influenced by its origin, style, and availability. Rugs that are rare or hard to find are more valuable than rugs that are common or mass-produced.
To preserve the value of your Oriental rug, you should follow some basic care tips, such as:
- Keep your rug away from direct sunlight, heat sources, or moisture that can cause fading, shrinking, or mildew.
- Rotate your rug every few months to prevent uneven wear and tear or fading.
- Clean your rug regularly by vacuuming, spot cleaning, or professional cleaning to remove dust, dirt, and stains.
- Store your rug properly by rolling it up and wrapping it in breathable fabric. Avoid folding or compressing your rug as this may cause creases or cracks.
Oriental weavers rugs are a great choice for anyone who wants to add style, comfort, and value to their home or office. They are available in a variety of designs, colors, sizes and materials to suit any preference and budget. They are also easy to buy online or in-store from reputable retailers such as Amazon, Lowes, or Oriental Weavers themselves. However, before buying an Oriental weavers rug, you should do some research and compare different options to find the best one for your needs. You should also take good care of your rug to keep it in good condition and maintain its value. By following these tips, you can enjoy your Oriental weavers rug for years to come.